Tell about a professional read, that has had an impact on you. Why/How?
There are several reasons why I am a fan of Mr. Byrne's blog:
1. He updates the blog everyday (something I wish I could do), with a ridiculous number of resources reviewed.
2. He does not just focus on classroom wikis/social media, which I believe is a downfall of many other ed-tech blogs that I have come across. He focuses on just about every imaginable resources: using picture/videos, games, study spaces etc. I literally find something new to play with every day.
3. He focuses on a variety of different academic content areas. Whatever you are teaching, you can find something he has reviewed.
4. There are daily digest emails. If you don't check the blog, or miss something, you can see what he reviewed each day.
5. There is a long archive with a search function. If you stumble on to something, and want to see how he feels about it, you can search the blog.
6. How-to guides galore. If you want to know how to do something, he's got a guide for it.
7. It is a free resource.
There are a dozen other reasons why I am slowly becoming a Richard Byrne fanboy, but instead of taking my word for it, you should check it out for yourself!
Ready for day 9 tomorrow!